Pool Party Yet?

 We might not be ready for a pool party... YET. But the construction crew is busy DIG, DIG, DIGGING through the rock. 

It really makes you wonder how many construction machines do you need to dig a hole? Currently we have three and only one guy that is using them all.

We tried to be very transparent when we said, "WE LIVE ON ROCK". I am wondering if they heard "We live on a pile of soft dirt" or if they think my eleven year old son might come out here with a plastic shovel?

When you are building a pool know it's a danger zone. I am always thinking the kids are going to fall into the hole, or the dog will fall into the hole... or we come out to a deceased animal that... FELL INTO THE HOLE. It didn't occur. But that was my daily fear. 

In reality,  I had to worry about all the construction equipment that was left. Maybe you have not had the pleasure of meeting our son. But Malikai is a construction student. One day he hopes to be an architect. Well in school they have a day of playing Bob The Builder and every construction machine is brought to the high school. Would you like to know how many times I heard, "Hey mom, think I could just use one of the machines, they left them here aren't they ours?"

The answer "NO" became a broken record and everyone was tired of hearing it. He only took this as a challenge and each time a machine was left he would go out and ask the owner. "Hey if you are leaving this <insert machine> think it would be okay if I use it?" 

Some said yes, others said their insurance wouldn't come it. lol

So there you have it. The real DANGER was the fact my son had NO PROBLEM asking someone if they would be okay with him driving around in a large metal machine. Thank you to those adults that said NO. But thanks also to the ones that said SURE! We moved rocks, built a walk way and moved around all kinds of things. Our backyard is coming together!


 

Comments